All persons using the pool do so at their own risk and the Corporation assumes no responsibility for injury or damage resulting from such use. The responsibility of parents and/or adult members who accompany children to the pool continues while children are in or near the pool. The Corporation will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all users of the pool and are designed to assure safe and sanitary operation of the pool. Members are expected to require their children to observe all rules and obey any instruction by the Life Guards while in the vicinity of the pool. Repeated failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for suspension of pool privileges.
The Corporation shall employ the services of the following:
- Pool Manager (pool/spa operator)
- Life Guards (Water Safety Instructor or Advanced Lifesaving)
- Any other employees the Board of Directors shall deem necessary
DUTIES OF STAFF
The Pool Manager is responsible to the Board of Directors for the total operation of the pool. Life Guards are responsible to the Pool Manager for duty assignments. In the absence of the Pool Manager, the Life Guard on duty shall assume the responsibilities of the Pool Manager. The duties of the staff are:
- To protect the welfare, safety, and health of members and guests using the pool.
- To be responsible for opening and closing the pool according to the schedule approved by the Board of Directors.
- To maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the pool, dressing rooms, and grounds.
- To conduct instructional programs in swimming.
- To be responsible for the operation of the pool filter and for maintaining proper water conditions at all times.
- To enforce the pool rules at all times as well as all accepted Water Safety regulations to assure the safety of members and guests using the pool. Members and guests are to comply with instructions of the staff and are not to interfere with or reprimand employees of the club. If a difference of opinion cannot be settled with the Pool Manager, the pool member shall advise the Board of Directors in writing.
GENERAL RULES FOR MEMBERS AND GUESTS
Roughness, rowdiness, profanity or other conduct affecting the safety and comfort of others will not be permitted on pool property. Safety is the responsibility of everyone in the facilities.
- Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- There will be no rough or dangerous play in or about the pool including, but not limited to, running, pushing, wrestling, dunking or any other disturbance or activity the lifeguards consider unsafe.
- The pool manager may temporarily suspend the swimming privileges of members (adults & children) who do not comply with the foregoing rules and regulations.
- At the discretion of pool management, any incidents of stealing or vandalism will be turned over to the Winston Salem Police Department
- Minimum age to gain entrance to the pool is ten (10) years old unless accompanied by an adult.
- Children under ten (10) years may be admitted without an adult when they have demonstrated satisfactory swimming ability to the Pool Manager. Children under ten (10) years may also enter when they are attending a regularly scheduled swimming class.
- All bathers must shower before entering the pool.
- All bathers are requested to use toilet facilities before entering the pool.
- All non-potty trained children must wear swim diapers.
- No glass containers permitted on pool deck.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted on pool property at any time.
- No smoking permitted within the fenced pool area.
- The wading pool is for the use of children five (5) years of age and under.
- All other pool rules must be observed.
Children must at all times be under the direct supervision of a parent or other responsible pool member. [/li]
DIVING AND SWIMMING
- When the diving boards are open, there shall be no swimming in the diving areas or sitting on the wall under the diving boards.
- Only one person allowed on the diving board at any time. The next person must wait at the bottom of the steps until the other person has gone off the board.
- No hanging or double bouncing on diving boards allowed.
- When the diving boards are closed, the diving area is open for swimming and no one is allowed on the diving boards.
- Divers must swim to the ladder after leaving the diving boards.
- The only flotation devices allowed are those with Coast Guard approved rating. A child wearing such a flotation device must also be under the direct supervision of a parent of adult designee at all times.
- There will be no hanging on the ropes.
- Pool check for ten (10) minutes at the end of every 50 minutes. No one under eighteen (18) is allowed in the pools at pool checks.
- Members must sign in and accompany all guests.
- Failure to register any guest immediately upon entering the pool area, thus making it necessary for the Life Guard on duty to register that guest, will result in the guest fee being doubled for that particular guest.